Friday, April 23, 2010

He is Near


My family has been going though some hard times lately. It has been times that have tested us and are making us.
As human beings living in a fallen world, we all go through hard times, times of hurt, loneliness, grief and struggle.
There are lots of emotions you feel in these times. I can hardly describe the wide range of things I have felt. I have felt deep, deep sorrow and it has struck in areas I didn't know I had and has gone so intensely deep that at times nothing has been able to comfort it, nothing except Jesus. He has been so very near. He has been surrounding me. I can truly say He has carried me in His big arms. He has given me rest for my soul.
If you are hurting, know that Jesus is faithful. If you call on Him, He will answer you. He is near to the broken hearted. He loves you and me so very much, I have learned. He will not abandon you, He has never abandoned me.

“The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments: