Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Game of Honor

Romans 12:10 says in the ESV "Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor." I really like that thought. I have this game I play with myself. I try to outdo my hubby in showing honor. Which means doing the things he appreciates or would enjoy. Usually it’s quite a competition. He’s much better than I am at honoring me as a way of life. Here’s a little list from my notebook on some ways right now I'm working on in honoring my Hubby. Insert the things that show your hubby or the people in your family honor.

4 ways I can Honor my Hubby Daily.

(This does not include the things that I do everyday without thought. This is only the things I know he appreciates and I struggle to do.)
• Keep the couch and rocker cleared off of stuff
• Have a drink in the fridge when he gets home
• Have a snack ready when he gets home at night
• Be attractive when he gets home


4 Habits to Learn that Honor my Hubby Daily

• PRAY FOR HIM!!!
• Don’t be a nag
• Let him sleep
• Let him get his work done

No comments: